Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Krall, President (absent)
  • Gary Osteen
  • Brock Knez (absent)
  • Jodi Lightfoot
  • Dusty Atkinson

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Doug Crowl, Aslan Construction


Call to Order:                The Special Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by Vice President Jodi Lightfoot on October 21, 2019 at 5:34 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Invoices:                         An invoice from SCG was submitted for approval as Ms. O’Halloran would like to get it started in the SRF Loan reimbursement process so not to slow any production down. Mr. Osteen made a motion to approve this invoice for payment, Mr. Atkinson seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.

Old Business:              

New Business:              Discussion of delay in tanks and how to handle the additional costs: Ms. Lightfoot distributed an email from Doug Crowl about the cost the tanks being delayed will cause. Doug stated that the budget is reflected to work in the summer, not the winter so the estimates attached to the email would be a rough cost estimate of what it would take to keep Aslan working through the winter to complete. Ms. Lightfoot proposed that with all those costs it would be more beneficial to postpone the substantial completion date to September 1, 2020. The Board stated that if Aslan is already on site to finish the work next year they could potentially add in the reclamation work as well and save some mobilization money. Mr. Crowl was very positive to that and would like to discuss further with his company owner about reclamation work. Mr. Atkinson voiced concerns about stopping work altogether right now and how CDPHE will take that in regards to missing the substantial completion date.


Ms. Andre stated that it is possible to call off production of the tanks right now so that no storage would have to be paid for over the winter. Ms. Lightfoot and Mr. Atkinson would like it stated in the contract, if production, is called off that the price will not increase and a firm delivery date is held to with ramifications if not met. If production can’t be stopped, Aslan has offered to store them for free at their yard in Loveland. Doug would like to the person to manage when the tanks will deliver if it does come to that point next spring.


Ms. Lightfoot proposed that SCG be called and asked to cover the remobilization fee since they missed their tank delivery causing this change to be required. Ms. Andre stated she believed it was worth asking. Ms. Lightfoot stated she would like to negotiate with SCG to see what happens and handle it from there. Ms. Andre would like to be part of the conversation. Ms. Andre believes mobilizing on site will be mid-June so a date should be set when the tanks would need to be completed. Mr. Crowl added that in the Spring when they do come back to the project, they will be fully ready and prepared to work as quickly as possible. Doug believes if he has all equipment right now, he could be done in three months. So, if Aslan starts back up in June, they should be complete by September. Ms. Andre would like to assure that the Xerxes tanks and Control Panels are with Aslan before June. Ms. Andre asked if the Generator was already in production or could it be delayed until next spring. Doug will investigate delaying. The Board would like to tell SCG to finish production of the tanks and store them until the Spring.


Mr. Osteen made a motion to approve Change Order #2 which delays the substantial completion date to September 1, 2020. Mr. Atkinson seconded this motion and it passed unanimously.


Locating MH 26 for Sliplining – Slipliners cannot line between MH 25 and MH 26 unless MH 26 is located.  All other sliplining work has been completed.   Crew will be in this area through this week and can return if manhole can be located and exposed. Ms. Lightfoot passed around photos of the MH in question. The Board discussed the situation and has decided to send Tim Gibbons to investigate and find the Manhole. If he can, it should be ziplined and if not, at the next meeting the changes in contract can be made. Ms. Andre will speak with Tim to get this arranged.



With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 6:29 pm, this 21st day of October 2019.

Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District