Members Present:        The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Jodi Lightfoot, President
  • Ronald Krall
  • Gary Osteen (absent)
  • Brock Knez
  • Mike Lomas

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Mary Andre, CDC


Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Lightfoot on May 10, 2021 at 6:04 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Consent Agenda:           The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes, financial statements, and the AR report from April 2021. Upon motion duly made by Dr. Krall and seconded by Mr. Knez, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.


Invoices:                           Invoices for April 2021 were reviewed.  Upon motion duly made by Mr. Lomas and seconded by Mr. Knez, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

None needed.


District Manager Update:

Mrs. O’Halloran updated the Board that everything seems to be running smoothly from the Water and Wastewater Operator’s reports.


Old Business:                District Property Signage – Mr. Lomas has contacted a sign company to get the process of signage started.  He will report more next month.


Water Rights and Abandonment Discussion/Follow Up– Ms. Sherman was not able to join the meeting to update the board on her findings. Ms. Andre wanted clarification from the Board before going to Willy Whelan.  Ms. Lightfoot would like to know where the diversion point is and where the holding tank is that the water rights list out. Dr. Krall would like to find the documentation of the four springs referenced in the Service Plan.  The Board believes that a lot of research needs to be completed to answer some of the questions that keep coming up in regard to the location of water and the flows.


Dam Project Discussion – Ms. Andre has funding options to share with the Board on how to potentially fund the dam work that will be required. She will send an email to all on the Board once her list is complete.


WWTF/Reclamation Updates – The dewatering permit has been received. Tammy Lake is working with John Fitzgerald to get the dewatering process started soon. Aslan will be ready to start dewatering on July 1st. John Fitzgerald will oversee and manage this work. There is a concern that Aslan will be too busy to get to the remaining part of the project by July 1st. The punch list is still being discussed and worked out between CDC and Aslan.


Water System – Ms. Andre updated the Board that the representative from Pittsburgh Tank will be in our area in the coming weeks. He will figure out what and how to complete the repairs.


Fire Hydrants – Ms. Lightfoot spoke with Native Excavating about replacing or capping the fire hydrant by the Aspenview Lodge. It needs to be dealt with because it is so old that it is nearly impossible to access and to turn off. To replace and move the hydrant it will cost $20,000-$25,000 and to cap it will cost $5000-$7000. Dr. Krall made the motion that if the Fire Marshall deems it acceptable to cap, the Board will cap the fire hydrant.  Mr. Lomas seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Tim from CDC believes some valves should be repaired that got damaged due to snow plowing. This repair work could be done at the same time as the fire hydrant work.


Water restrictions – Mr. Lomas brought the topic to the Board’s attention. He would like the Board to make a decision now about how and when to institute those restrictions due to the massive decrease in water right now.   Ms. Lightfoot asked Ms. Andre to find out how much water the pond next to the dam can hold as a storage option. Ms. Lightofoot would like to maximize its storage capacity. Ms. O’Halloran will speak with Tim Gibbons to see what level the tank is being filled to. Dr. Krall would like to monitor McKinnis Creek for a few more weeks before making the restrictions decisions. Ms. Lightfoot would like Tim Gibbons to alert the Board of when he believes restrictions should go into place. Ms. Lightfoot would like a note sent now to warn of restrictions to the residents. Mrs. O’Halloran will handle this notice.


Water Meters – Dr. Krall would like to seek a formal bid on water meters. He believes it may be in the Board’s best interest to get the price on this project to see if it is possible and worthwhile to move forward with this project this summer. Ms. Andre stated that the estimate should be relatively easy to access. She believes a disadvantage for Timbers is that most homes do not have a water meter so it could be more onerous to add meters. The Timbers would order the meters and then get quotes from various plumbers on getting the installation complete. The condos have two master meters and those will just be replaced and potentially add unit meters in a second phase.


With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was                                                          RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District                                                        Board of Directors at 8:23 pm, this 10th day of May 2021.


Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District