Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Jodi Lightfoot, Vice President
  • Larry Ioffredo (absent)
  • Gary Osteen (absent)
  • Erica Fisher
  • Mike Lomas, Chairman and President


  • Kasey O’Halloran


Call to Order:                The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Lomas on March 11, 2024, at 6:08 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Consent Agenda:         The Board reviewed the regular and special meeting minutes, financial statements, and the AR report from February 2024. Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mrs. Fisher it was

RESOLVED to approve the consent agenda.


Invoices:                         Invoices for February 2024 were reviewed and approved for payment.  Upon motion duly made by Mrs. Fisher and seconded by Ms. Lightfoot, it was

                                                        RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

$5000 transfer granted.


Manager’s Updates:   February BOD removal was 92%. TIN results were 14 mg/l. We seem to be getting good results except for Ammonia removal. I am reaching out to SCG, however Roger Shafer (our lead design engineer) is on vacation for a while.  Our new Back-flow preventer is installed and I have a request in with Pye Barker Fire to test it.   Stagecoach Electric should be on site today completing the Generator repair. They will do a test run after completion. I will submit our Reg 85 data shortly. It is due by 4/15/24.  I sent in the Violation Response letter regarding Ammonia two year rolling avg. to CDPHE. I copied you and the board members. Our Micro C pump is down. I have ordered two new pump heads from Allwater. I will install them when I receive them. I have manually added (after digging out the access port) Micro C to keep the nutrient level stable.


Mrs. O’Halloran spoke to the Board about the credit card processor and will research if there are better options for our customers. The Board discussed how to handle the violations that keep coming to the WWTF. The Board discussed how to best handle this situation and the solution they propose is to meet with CDC engineers to get any advice they can offer. Mrs. O’Halloran will reach out to Mary Andre, cc’ing John Fitzgerald to see if anything can be resolved or changed at the plant to improve the Ammonia results.


New Business:                           


Old Business:               Lot 1 Easement – Ms. Lightfoot and the homeowner and lawyer will meet next week and try to get this solved and signed.


Contracts for Contractors – The contracts for all three contractors have expired as of 12/31/23. Mr. Lomas stated that a new contract is needed and asked the Board if they would like to see any changes in the duties on the contracts. The Board members believe that the contractors are highly valuable and would like to just leave the duties as listed currently. New three year contracts will be worked up by Mrs. O’Halloran and distributed to the contractors for signatures.


Reserve Investments – Tabled until next meeting when Mr. Ioffredo can report.


Legal Team – Mr. Lomas has done some research looking for a new legal team. He has found a large firm out of Longmont that currently serves other Special Districts. Mr. Lomas will continue his research and report back next month on some additional legal teams to consider.


EDU review – To be discussed once a legal team is established.


Fire Hydrant Snow Removal – Joe Duska stated he will plan to do this going forward, he had labor issues previously but he will continue to maintain going forward.


Generator Repair – The generator was repaired by Stagecoach Electric.


Dam – Mr. Lomas has a lawyer he has worked with in the past that he would like to consult on the Dam ownership. He would like him to review the Centurylink utility easement as well. Mr. Lomas will report back on the lawyer’s findings.


Fire Mitigation– Mr. Lomas will continue to follow up on options for the valley.


With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors

at 6:59 pm, this 11th day of March 2024.


Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District