Members Present:        The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Krall, President
  • Gary Osteen
  • Brock Knez
  • Jodi Lightfoot
  • Mike Lomas

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Mary Andre, CDC
  • Tammy Lake, CDC
  • Melinda Sherman, Sharp, Sherman, and Engle
  • Tyler Desiderio, Applegate Group


Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Dr. Krall on February 8, 2021 at 6:06 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Minutes:                         The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes from the January 2021. Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Knez, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.


Financials:                     The Board reviewed the financial statements for January 2021. The Board reviewed the AR report.  Upon motion duly made by Dr. Krall and seconded by Mr. Lomas, it was

RESOLVED to approve the financial statements.


Invoices:                           Invoices for January 2021 were reviewed.  Dr. Krall updated the Board that the Auditor has requested that the Treasurer start to review the bank statements along with the invoice list.   Upon motion duly made by Mr. Knez and seconded by Mr. Osteen, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

No transfer was needed at this time.


District Manager Update:

Mrs. O’Halloran stated the Water Plant and the new WWTF are running as expected. Mr. Fitzgerald included in his bill that the BOD removal rate is at 99% at the new plant. He is still waiting on the antenna relocation and the alkalinity pump to be integrated in the automated systems. Mrs. O’Halloran is nearly done getting the online payment process set up for the Timbers residents. Once it is complete, she will do a walkthrough for Board members.  Dr. Krall updated the board that he and Mrs. O’Halloran will work on creating a 25 year long term maintenance plan for the District.


Old Business:                Officer Election – Ms. Lightfoot and Mr. Lomas have agreed to work together as President and Chairman of the Board for the next few years. Ms. Lightfoot would like to work as the Chairman this year and Mr. Lomas take it over next year. The Board discussed and would like for Mr. Osteen to take over as Treasurer. Dr. Krall made the motion that Ms. Jodi Lightfoot take over as president and chairman of the Board, Mr. Mike Lomas take over as vice president, Mr. Gary Osteen take over as treasurer and Ms. Kasey O’Halloran act as secretary effective at the end of the meeting. Mr. Knez seconded this motion, no discussion ensued, and the motion passed unanimously.


Lot 2, Timbers Preserve – Dr. Krall explained to the Board that there is a water line that goes through Lot 2 in Timbers Preserve with an easement attached. The potential new owners of this lot are curious if that water line could be moved. CDC helped research this topic and stated that yes it could be moved however the Timbers Preserve HOA and water district would need to approve that move. The Board discussed that the move would be at the cost of the lot owner.


                                          Water Rights –Ms. Sherman joined the meeting to update the Board on the water rights topic. Ms. Sherman stated that after talking to the Water Division engineer, she agreed to give us diligence now and in the next six years the Board will need to get a water usage study completed. The law office is preparing a response to get this diligence completed. The contract with Peter will now be postponed a few years.  Ms. Sherman would like the Board to measure water and record more use.  She would like the Board to work on what device could make this possible in the spring.


                                          Dam Update – Tyler reported to the board what he found once he was able to get a camera into the pipe at the Dam. Based upon his review of the footage, he suggests the Board should reline the pipe.  There is one point on the line that is clogged and would need to be removed.  He got a second opinion from a lining company and they agree that this would be the best solution. Work would also need to be done to replace the spillway. Tyler said the quote to do this work would be about $220,000. Dr. Krall inquired what the additional cost would be for maintenance of this dam if it were to be considered jurisdictional. Tyler explained that it would be hard to determine this number.  The Board will need to further investigate the fiber optic line situation in the dam and uncover if it is Centurylink’s responsibility to protect it or Timbers. Tyler will work further and report back to the Board next month.


                                          WWTF Update- Tammy and Mary updated the board on the pending items with WWTF. There is still a pending pay app for the work done on the lagoon. It will get submitted to the Board next meeting. Tammy explained that she is waiting on Orenco to get Timber’s own account setup for the remote access to the plant. The work plan for the reclamation project has been submitted to the State, however, no follow up call has been scheduled.


                                          With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation

District Board of Directors at 8:05 pm, this 8th day of February 2021.

Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District