Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Jodi Lightfoot, Vice President
  • Larry Ioffredo
  • Gary Osteen
  • Erica Fisher (absent)
  • Mike Lomas, Chairman and President


  • Kasey O’Halloran


Call to Order:                The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Lomas on February 12, 2024, at 6:02 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Consent Agenda:         The Board reviewed the regular and special meeting minutes, financial statements, and the AR report from January 2024. Upon motion duly made by Mr. Ioffredo and seconded by Mr. Osteen it was

RESOLVED to approve the consent agenda.


Invoices:                         Invoices for January 2024 were reviewed and approved for payment.  Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Ioffredo, it was

                                                        RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

None needed


Manager’s Updates:   Per John’s email – I shoveled and sprayed down all four Axmax units. Our Total Organic Nitrogen and BOD removal rates were not up to par. This was mandatory maintenance to ensure compliance. I am hoping February results show a dramatic improvement. November BOD removal was 79%, our desired (required) removal rate is 85%. TIN results were 20 mg/l. well above our limit. I have a plumber committed to installing the new Back-flow preventer! Tim Gibbons found a plumber from Craig that he has used before.

Stagecoach Mechanical is in the process of sourcing parts for our generator repair. I should hear back from them soon. It seems we are not going to use the DVL group. We are fortunate to have Stagecoach Mechanical so close, lets hope it works out. I think we should see if they can give us a service contract also. Bio-solids report was submitted 1/7/24, we did not produce any Bio-solids in 2023. Cleaned Micro C calibration tube.


New Business               Generator Issue – Mr. Lomas updated the Board on the broken generator and the difficulty in getting it repaired. The Board discussed the issues and will continue forward with the DVL group providing the parts and Stagecoach Electric to do the repair work. This will cost $5000 for the parts alone. Mrs. O’Halloran will investigate the cost of the unit by reaching out to Ron Krall and Doug Crowl at Aslan and will report back to the Board.


Audit Review – The 2023 Draft Audit was presented to the Board for approval. Mr. Osteen made a motion to approve the Draft Audit and Mr. Ioffredo seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.

Fire Hydrant Snow Removal– D&D no longer is able to provide fire hydrant snow removal except when Joe Duska’s time allows. Tim Gibbons instructed John Fitzgerald to do the hand shoveling for fire safety purposes for the time being. The Board needs to find a solution for keeping these cleared on a very regular basis. Mr. Lomas tasked Ms. Lightfoot to see if D&D will continue with the fire hydrants on a regular basis and what price they would charge.


Old Business:               Lot 1 Easement – Mr. Ioffredo instructed that Mr. Richardson is still reviewing the easements and will report back if he hears anything further from the lot owner. Ms. Lightfoot will follow up with Ms. Sherman to found out if Mr. Richardson will be needing changes.


Water Meters – Tabled until Spring.


Contracts for Contractors  – Tabled to next meeting.


Reserve Investments – Mr. Ioffredo stated that Yampa Valley Bank can’t offer any more then 3% interest on high yield savings accounts. Mr. Ioffredo would like to discuss moving the funds to Wells Fargo. Mr. Ioffredo will continue to investigate this.


Legal Team – Mr. Lomas has been speaking with Claire Solers with the intent to switching the legal team. She is interested so Mr. Lomas would like to set up a meeting with her and the other Board members. Mr. Lomas will get a meeting set up for the month of February.


Timber’s Spring #1- The Timbers Village HOA no longer is interested in pursuing the ownership of this water. The Board may pursue accessing this water.


With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors

at 7:08 pm, this 12th day of February 2024.


Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District