Members Present:        The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Jodi Lightfoot, President
  • Ronald Krall
  • Gary Osteen
  • Brock Knez (absent)
  • Mike Lomas

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Mary Andre, CDC
  • Melinda Sherman, Sharp, Sherman and Engle


Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Lightfoot on April 12, 2021 at 6:08 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Consent Agenda:           The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes, financial statements and the AR report from March 2021. Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Lomas, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.


Invoices:                           Invoices for March 2021 were reviewed.  Ms. Lightfoot advised that TWSD should not have to pay for the charges that CDC incurred from a potential homeowner. She asked Mrs. O’Halloran not to pay those fees associated with that topic on the CDC invoice. The Board also wanted confirmation before paying invoices that the Pye Barker invoice was indeed a Water SubDistrict charge. Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Lomas, it was unanimous with the stipulations listed above.

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

Mrs. O’Halloran requested a $5000 transfer; Mr. Lomas made the motion and Mr. Osteen seconded the motion. It passed unanimously.


District Manager Update:

Mrs. O’Halloran updated the Board that nearly all residents have provided their email for electronic invoices. A few residents have also utilized the online payment portal.  The Board asked for the list of residents who have not provided their email address yet.


Old Business:                Water Rights and Abandonment Summary– The water rights that are on the abandonment list are for the Timbers Pipeline. This pipeline has the same point of diversion as the Dwight Corder pipeline. The Dwight Corder Pipeline was decreed in 1972.  These water rights were senior to the Timbers Pipeline water rights which were decreed in 1985.  The past lawyer for the District believes that this was a backup plan to overfile for the water rights to assure they didn’t get lost.   Erin Light, the Division Engineer authority, has agreed to continue to keep the Dwight Corder water rights as conditional for the next 5 years.  Within these 5 years we have to show proof of use to keep these rights. However, the Timbers Pipeline are still on the abandonment list. The District can’t currently show that those rights are being used. The question is are these really an overfilling and can we let those go? Ms. Lightfoot would like to know where this diversion point is exactly located. Ms. Lightfoot would also like to work on a plan with Tim to see if there is a way to map/show usage of these water rights. Ms. Lightfoot will spearhead this and would like to get it handled as soon as possible as to not lose any water rights the District currently has.  The Board asked that Willy Whelan, the District surveyor, add the points of diversion to the District survey. When Ms. Andre joined the meeting she stated that prior to Willy’s work the previous surveyor had surveyed the points of diversion. She will share that map with the Board and Melinda.


                                          Long Term Maintenance Plan – Dr. Krall created a Long Term Maintenance Plan for the entire District for the next 39 years. He reviewed his plan extensively with the Board. The Board thanked Ron for this work and agreed to discuss further at further meetings once the WWTP and Reclamation projects have completed.


                                          Dam Update – Ms. Sherman stated she is researching the easement and law to see if Centurylink will have any responsibility to help pay for work on the Dam. The Dam Engineer updated the Board via email on the requirements for the Dam base. CDC is still working on finding funding options for this project.


                                          WWTF Update-  Tim Maxwell and Tammy Lake have been working on the most recent pay request for the reclamation work done last fall. It will be presented for approval at next months meeting. Aslan came to evaluate the antennae location in early March. They didn’t have the appropriate material to move the antennae and will be back with the right equipment. They also resolved a few issues that have come up this winter. The other items on the punch list have not been completed. Tim and Mary are actively working with Aslan to get resolution on the contract pending items and Doug will return in a week.  The retainage on the WWTP is about $60,000 and the punch list items are small in value. Ms. Andre will keep working to get the punch list items complete while keeping the contract moving forward. Ms. Andre stated that Aslan has agreed to re-grade the road and once that is complete, another walk through can be scheduled.


                                          Reclamation – Ms. Andre shared that the E. Coli that was recently sampled was very low which is very positive to get the dewatering permit soon. It will get submitted this week and it has a 30 day review period. Ideally John will work on dewatering as soon as that permit is acquired which would hopefully be June 1st. Aslan would then need to come in in August for the final reclamation work. Ms. Lightfoot asked CDC to check in with Aslan to be sure they could be prepared for starting that work on August 1st.


Fire Hydrant – Ms. Andre reminded the Board that there is a fire hydrant that has not been replaced in the last round of repairs. She suggests we add this back to the list to get done soon. It will cost approximately $12,000. The Board agreed it is of priority to get that hydrant replaced.  Ms. Lightfoot asked Ms. Andre to get Aslan to quote the project to replace this hydrant while they are in the area this summer. Ms. Andre recommended getting quotes from Native Excavating as well as other local companies. Ms. Lightfoot and Dr. Krall asked Ms. Andre to get quotes from a few local companies and get the hydrant replaced as soon as possible.



                                          With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation

District Board of Directors at 8:33 pm, this 12th day of April 2021.

Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District