Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Jodi Lightfoot, President
  • Ronald Krall
  • Gary Osteen
  • Brock Knez
  • Mike Lomas, Vice Chairman

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Larry Ioffredo, Resident


Call to Order:                The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Lightfoot on April 11, 2022, at 6:06 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Consent Agenda:         The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes, financial statements, cashflow sheet and the AR report from March 2022. Upon motion duly made by Mr. Lomas and seconded by Mr. Knez, it was

RESOLVED to approve the consent agenda.


Invoices:                         Invoices for March 2022 were reviewed. Upon motion duly made by Dr. Krall and seconded by Mr. Knez, it was

                                                        RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices except for holding off on payment of the Aslan invoice until the status of punchlist items is updated.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

$5000 transfer requested – Dr. Krall made the motion and Mr. Lomas seconded, it passed unanimously.


District Manager Update:

In general, all is going well within the District, Tim Gibbons has not reported any issues this past month. John Fitzgerald stated that he had called in Duckels Construction to replace a broken riser. He will let us know more when Duckels is able to report back to him on it.


Ms. Lightfoot and Mr. Lomas have been discussing brining John Fitzgerald on as a Project Manager to manage and run the projects that are open and outstanding instead of CDC. The Board discussed this and unanimously agreed it could reduce expenses and get more accomplished.  Ms. Lightfoot has brought it to John’s attention, and he is eager to add more work to his load.  The Board would like to work up a job description for this role.  Mr. Lomas and Ms. Lightfoot will work on this updated work description in his contract. Dr. Krall asked that he could start on the manhole riser issue and water tank painting project. Mr. Lomas will reach out to Tim Gibbons to make him aware of this transition within the District.


Old and New Business:


Fire Hydrant 16 Update – Ms. Lightfoot sent photos to the homeowner, David Fisher. CDC is finalizing the design. Ms. Lightfoot would like to start getting bids as soon as possible as the homeowner would like the work to be done in June. Ms. O’Halloran will


Update on the WWTF/Reclamation Updates and Dam – From Tammy Lake:

HACH FL1500 Flo-Station/cable order

The cable has been received; per Hach, the FL1500 is still backordered with no updated ship date.

Punch list items and FL1500 installation

Aslan is planning on a site visit in April to complete punch list items and install the FL1500 (if received in time) while on site (Inpwr, their electrician, will pull the new cable and hook the unit up.)  CDC recently notified Doug Crowl of Aslan of the shipping delay and inquired as to whether they would prefer to come complete just the punch list items in April as planned since they do not want the flowmeter to hold this work up nor do they want Aslan to be able to cast any blame on Timbers for further delay.  This would mean that Timbers could contract with Midwest Electric or another local electrician for the FL1500 installation.  Either way, CDC will be coordinating with Hach field services for the technician for flowmeter setup and calibration, and John Fitzgerald will be involved that day and will need assistance from Duckels or another contractor for confined space entry.  Doug Crowl has not yet responded.

Lagoon site discharge permit termination

The permit has been terminated; Timbers can now abandon the monitoring wells.

Monitoring well abandonment

The four monitoring wells at the lagoon site will be abandoned by Aztec Drilling Co.  Aztec provided a quote last fall for this work which they wanted to confirm with a site visit this spring.  CDC will notify Aztec that they can proceed with the site visit and that they should be authorized to abandon the wells soon.  Two things that needs to addressed before that authorization are: 1) assessment of the condition of the access road at the creek crossing and determination as to what Aztec will need done for access, and 2) property owner notification of the pending well abandonment for the upgradient monitoring well (the well near the creek is outside of the WWTP easement per our mapping.)

The Board will continue to work to get an estimate from D&D on repairing the road so access can be granted to Aztec Drilling.  Ms. Lightfoot stated that she or the Board Members would notify property owners when the time comes.

O&M Manual

CDC is still awaiting bound volumes from Orenco and Aslan for the equipment provided by each.  CDC is compiling an additional volume to include plant-specific protocols, maintenance requirements, contacts, materials ordering information, emergency procedures, etc. with John Fitzgerald.

Walk-through video

CDC assumes that John and Jodi will work with Roger Shafer to create a walk-through video of the plant this spring after all punch list items are completed.  This video will supplement the O&M Manual.  Ms. Lightfoot asked if this was still necessary, and CDC agreed it would be prudent to do so for future operator’s use.

Record drawings

Information provided by Aslan has been added to CDC’s digital drawings and the updated CADD file has been provided to Jacobs Engineering for their use in record drawing updates.  CDC expects some additional coordination on these; once completed, the record drawings will be incorporated into the O&M Manual.

Pay application

No word yet from Aslan on the most recent pay application. CDC assumes they will revisit this as well as final payment after the punch list items have been completed.

Construction as-approved certification

CDC will submit this to CDPHE this week.

Ongoing monitoring

Tammy created a spreadsheet which summarizes all monitoring results to date for the new WWTP.  This is in OneDrive and has been available to John Fitzgerald (John has editing privileges and will be adding all new data beginning with the March 2022 results) as well as Roger Shafer and the folks at Jacobs Engineering.


Other District Items:

Dam funding

A summary of our research on this was provided previously.  This was discussed at length and Tammy has agreed to continue to provide more detailed and pertinent information to the Board.

Dam easement exhibit

CDC understands the Board reviewed this exhibit and that Jodi will be coordinating a meeting with Melinda to discuss it.  Tammy will be available by phone for questions during this meeting.

Flow meter for measurement of McKinnis water supply diversion upstream of the WTP

The purpose of this is to measure the total flow diversion for water supply for the WTP (which includes both water supply and bypass water which flows to the pond and then returns to the creek.)  The concept is to construct a vault near the WTP upstream of the raw water storage tank, add mag flowmeter on the pipeline through the vault, add a controls cable in the conduit back to the WTP, and add a flow signal to the WTP SCADA system. Allowing valving for the diversion of water to the creek instead of the pond would help maintain the required dilution flow for the WWTP discharge and could also avoid adding flows to the pond while the Yampa is under call since that would trigger the need for pond storage administration and release of water from storage to offset seepage and evaporation.  The overall feasibility and cost of this needs to be evaluated.

FAP – CDPHE submittal for WTP filter aid polymer addition

This submittal was partially drafted and back shelved with the work effort on the WWTP.  Mary is preparing to finalize this submittal and will need a District representative’s signature before submitting this to CDPHE.


Water Meters – This item was tabled until the next meeting.


Lot 1 Easement – Following Mrs. O’Halloran’s direction, Mary Andre previously reached out to Willy Whelan, District surveyor regarding adjustments for the easements of Lot 1 and provided him the relevant information.  Willy coordinated with Walter Magill who had done the survey work for the lot owner and had proposed that Walter could prepare the easement modifications for Willy’s review.  Mary left a voicemail with Walter to confirm the status of the work effort.  Unfortunately, the Board was notified that Willy has recently passed away. CDC will reach out to see if there is another surveying company taking on his previous workload.


Water Rights – CDC questioned if there was anything they could provide to Ms. Sherman for her to get to work on filing for storage rights on the pond water. CDC stated that the pond doesn’t have approval to be used as an alternate source water; however, it could be applied for this on an emergency basis if ever needed.  The proximity of the WWTP to the pond may be problematic in gaining approval for the use of the pond water as a water source for anytime other than an emergency condition.


Fire Mitigation/Grant – Mr. Lomas will continue to research the grant options that are available at this time. Dr. Krall will share with Mr. Lomas and Mr. Ioffredo as necessary with the information he has already gathered.


Water Tank Warranty – Mary left a voicemail for Hugh Haire of Pittsburg Tank.  In the voicemail, she reminded him of the email she’d sent, asked for his input, and let him know of the upcoming board meeting.  She will keep the board updated as to his response.  Mary also believes that Pittsburg Tank went above and beyond repainting the full outside of the tank several years beyond the warranty period.  They’ve left us with the touch up paint. In the interim, we could reach out to local painting contractors and obtain a quote to fix this when the weather is warmer.



With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors

at 8:15 pm, this 11th day of April 2022.


Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District