Members Present: The following Directors were present and acting:
- Krall, President
- Gary Osteen
- Brock Knez
- Jodi Lightfoot
- Mike Lomas
- Kasey O’Halloran
- Mary Andre, CDC
- Chris Elliot, Resident
Call to Order: The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Dr. Krall on March 9, 2020 at 5:45 pm, noting a quorum was present.
Minutes: The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes from February 2020 meeting. Upon motion duly made by Mr. Lomas and seconded by Ms. Lightfoot, it was
RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.
Financials: The Board reviewed the financial statements for February 2020. Upon motion duly made by Mr. Knez and seconded by Ms. Lightfoot, it was
RESOLVED to approve the financial statements.
Invoices: Invoices for February 2020 were reviewed. Upon motion duly made by Mr. Lomas and seconded by Mr. Knez, it was
RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.
Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:
District Manager Update:
Ms. O’Halloran stated that, due to no more candidates then open positions, the election is cancelled. Dr. Krall read the resolution officially cancelling the election and passed unanimously.
New Business: Lagoon Breach/Elliot Compliant – Dr. Krall read the email sent to him from Dan Elliot and reviewed the photos and movies sent with the email. The upper lagoon is frozen and the aerator has not been in operation for about 10 days. There is water coming out on the road although it is too difficult to tell if the lagoon is overtopping or if it is snowmelt. To get to the aerator will be very dangerous for John with the melting of the ice. He does believe he will get to it this week and get it back in operation. Dr. Krall stated that the flow meter was down but is back working again. Ms. Andre clarified that the meter has been upgraded from 3G to 4G and is now back to functionality. Ms. Andre stated that the upper lagoon has had an issue with overtopping in the past. Ms. Lightfoot and Mr. Krall confirmed that in the past 10 days a lot of melting has occurred. Dr. Krall has asked that John been contacted about this issue. He would like John to investigate if the pipe from the upper to lower lagoon is clear. Ms. O’Halloran will reach out to him on Tuesday. The Board has asked if John will test for BacT and BOD while investigating. John will also need to file a report to CDPHE. Dr. Krall stated this is an occurrence that is expected as it has happened before and has been reported to CDPHE in the past.
Old Business: Phase I Status Update – No further updates at this point.
Phase II Status Update- CDC and Aslan costs for remobilization will cost approximately $30,000. Once those numbers are finalized, CDC will send this proposal out and work up an amendment with SGS to cover those costs. Ms. Lightfoot stated SGS seemed amenable to these costs.
Ms. Andre stated that the equipment procurement contract states that the tanks can be onsite on or around May 1st. Aslan will start as soon as the snow allows and should complete by the end of the summer. As soon as the snow melts off of the pond, more sludge testing will be done to help solidify a plan for decommission of the lagoons.
CDPHE approval has been received on the denitrification plans. CDPHE is asking that CDC and Jacobs (as the lead engineer) self-certify the final design set. Ms. Andre believes it is reasonable to be able to sign off on the self-certification as the form is relatively simple. Dr. Krall stated that it makes him nervous to go down the self-certification path but isn’t sure CDPHE has the capability to review the full set in a timely manner. Ms. Andre believes it is standard to self-certify and the Board agreed it would be fine for Jacobs to self-certify. Ms. Andre also brought it to the Board’s attention that there is a statement within the CDPHE approval letter that states the Operator will be required to make sure the Advantex technical acceptance letter is up to date annually. John will need to add to his routine yearly and include in the O&M manual.
District Mapping – A meeting occurred with Willy Whelan in regard to the full District map. The updated drawings were received by CDC and the only thing missing is the location of the valves that will be done this summer. Once those are received, he will update the map accordingly. Ms. O’Halloran will follow up with Tim on the valve stops and when he will complete this task.
Zirkel Wireless Contract – Centurylink has confirmed that high speed internet will be installed this summer.
Spring Water Rights – The water rights are requiring proof of use by 2022. Ms. Lightfoot has paperwork that will be sent to Ms. Sherman for action.
Water Meters – Dr. Krall explained the details that CDC shared with him in regards to research they have done on water meters. Dr. Krall stated that the cost of metering all of the buildings that need meters and the software system that would allow us to collect the data from the meters is much less then projected in the past. The total cost would be about $30,000. The cost does not include the extra time and software that would go into individualized billing. Dr. Krall asked the Board who should pay for the meters and installation. The options being the owners of the buildings or a shared cost amongst everyone. The Board agreed that it would be the most equitable if the District split the costs amongst everyone. The goal of the meters would be to be fairly invoice all of the residents for their usage and to spot when leaks or line breaks happen. Dr. Krall would like to wait until later summer to see where the District lies financially before starting this project.
With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 7:28 pm, this 9th day of March 2020.
Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran
District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District