embers Present: The following Directors were present and acting:
- Krall, President
- Gary Osteen
- Brock Knez
- Jodi Lightfoot
- Dusty Atkinson (absent)
- Kasey O’Halloran
- Mary Andre, CDC Engineering
- Mike Lomas, resident
Call to Order: The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Dr. Krall on November 11, 2019 at 5:30 pm, noting a quorum was present.
Minutes: The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes from October 2019 regular and special meetings. Dr. Krall suggested edits to be made to the regular meeting minutes. Ms. O’Halloran will update minutes accordingly. Upon motion duly made by Dr. Krall and seconded by Ms. Lightfoot, it was
RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.
Financials: The Board reviewed the financial statements for October 2019. Dr. Krall helped review the financials showing how close the actual income and expenses is compared to the District’s Budget. Upon motion duly made by Dr. Krall and seconded by Ms. Lightfoot, it was
RESOLVED to approve the financial statements.
Invoices: Invoices for October 2019 were reviewed. Upon motion duly made by Mr. Knez and seconded by Ms. Lightfoot, it was
RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.
Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:
District Manager requested a $5000 transfer. Dr. Krall made the motion to approve this transfer, Mr. Knez seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
District Manager Update:
Ms. O’Halloran notified the Board Members that John Fitzgerald has been working on the second aerator as the power supply doesn’t seem to be functioning properly.
Old Business: Phase I Status Update – Slip lining contract was supposed to be complete by September 15th however it was completed on November 8th with the exception of MH 25 to MH 26. There isn’t believed to be any lines that join manhole 26 and 27. Ms. Andre stated that it would be best to completely replace MH 26 however with the winter conditions pending, it might not be affordable. Duckels would like to wrap up their portion of this phase so it could be included into the Aslan contract for the spring. A concern is that the DOLA grant that could fund this replacement however it does expire March 31, 2020. Ms. Andre and Ms. O’Halloran will work with DOLA to see if we can transfer the DOLA Phase I grant into the Phase II grant and/or get an extension on the grant. This will allow for the work to be done next summer but still covered by the funding. Ms. Lightfoot suggested getting some, if not most work done now in preparation of the work to be completed next year. Ms. Andre agreed this was possible. Dr. Krall proposed that the Duckels contract can be closed out at this point and change order the replacement to Aslan. Ms. Andre brought up liquidated damages on the sliplining project. The extension was granted for a few days beyond on their September 15th deadline. However, beyond that was a delay. There is the potential of assessing liquidated damages from September 20th to October 22nd at $200 a day. Dr. Krall and Ms. Lightfoot agreed that these damages should be assessed as this delay has caused the delay for work on MH 26 to next year. Dr. Krall made a motion that $6000 in damages be assessed to Duckels, Ms. Lightfoot seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Dr. Krall instructed Ms. Andre to proceed with closing out the Duckels contract.
Phase II Status Update- Tim Maxwell will coordinate with YVEA to remove the trees near the power lines.
Pay Requests for Aslan – Tim Maxwell has reviewed all the submittals and all seems to be in line with the Pay Request. The exported fill was brought in and has used up most of the T&M allowance. Dr. Krall made a motion to approve Pay Request #3 to Aslan Construction. Ms. Lightfoot seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
Change Order with Aslan – Ms. Andre explained that Change Order #2 was created due to the delay in equipment procurement and a decision was made to pull off and complete the project in the Spring. Aslan has winterized the site which has cost an additional $8,000. Ms. Lightfoot has not sent off the additional charges to Xerxes but will follow up with them to see what they will cover due to their delay. This change order moves the substantial completion date to September 1, 2020 and final completion date to October 1, 2020 with an additional cost of about $20,000 to the project. Ms. Andre explained that there will also be a change order needed for the equipment procurement contract. Dr. Krall made a motion to approve Change Order #2, Ms. Lightfoot seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
Reclamation – CDC is continuing to do a study on the sludge removal that will be needed. Ms. Andres believes by next meeting she will have more details for the reclamation bid portion of the project. Dr. Krall asked when this portion of the project will go out to bid. Ms. Lightfoot stated it would be beneficial to give this project to Aslan and save money on engineering bid management. It could be change ordered into the current Aslan contract. Ms. Lightfoot would like to know what it will cost to put it out to bid. Ms. Andre will have the details for the reclamation project will be discussed at the December meeting.
Contingency Budget – Ms. Andre explained that CDC has put a spreadsheet together to analyze the funding model that was created for both Phases. Ms. O’Halloran will spend further time looking for more invoices that can be claimed for reimbursement including Galvin land easements and back engineering fees.
Permit Modification – The discharge permit that was issued from CDPHE has errors. The new permit states the TIN to be 6.3 however we have been approved for a TIN of 10. The ammonia levels are stricter than what Timbers was told in the preliminary effluent limits. Ms. Andre does not understand why this was done incorrectly. Ms. Andre will work on getting a call setup with CDPHE permitting to figure out why the differences as soon as possible.
Zirkel Wireless Contract – Nothing new to report.
Budget 2020 –Budget 2020 will be presented at the December meeting.
With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was
RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 7:08 pm, this 11th day of November 2019.
Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran
District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District