Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Krall, President
  • Gary Osteen
  • Brock Knez
  • Jodi Lightfoot
  • Dusty Atkinson (absent)

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Mary Andre, CDC Engineering
  • Dan Elliot, Resident


Call to Order:                The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Dr. Krall on July 8, 2019 at 5:48 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Minutes:                         The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes from June 2019 and the special meeting minutes from the July 1, 2019 meeting. Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Osteen, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.


Financials:                     The Board reviewed the financial statements for June 2019. Upon motion duly made by Dr. Krall and seconded by Ms. Lightfoot, it was

RESOLVED to approve the financial statements.


Invoices:                         Invoices for June 2019 were reviewed.  Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Knez, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

A $5000 transfer was requested by District Manager O’Halloran. Dr. Krall made a motion to complete this transfer, Mr. Osteen seconded the motion and it passed unanimously. Dr. Krall has requested that he and Ms. O’Halloran review the transfers to the enterprise before the budget work is done in October.

District Manager Update:

Ms. O’Halloran updated the Board on John Fitzgerald’s vacation this month and that Scott Smith will be covering for him. The WWTP is running fine and is very wet still. The water operations are running fine as well.

Old Business:               Phase I Status Update –  The Board reviewed the sewer punchlist that was emailed from Mary Andre at CDC. Line item number one was a manhole that is surrounded by gravel and no longer by asphalt. The question CDC had proposed is if the manhole should be asphalted in or filled with gravel. Ms. Lightfoot will take a closer look at it and report back to the board. The second item on the list was a manhole in Martin Dennis’ driveway. Ms. O’Halloran will contact Mr. Dennis to assure he will get it covered when he is done with his property improvements.

                                          Pay Request #2 has been received from Duckels. CDC has verified that this payroll is in compliance with all Davis Bacon and AIS regulations. Ms. Andre provided the pay request for Ron to sign. Ms. O’Halloran will get the invoice paid.

Phase II- The discharge permit was submitted on July 3rd. Ms. Andre expects to see the approved discharge permit by the end of the year. Ms. Andre has spoken with Mike Emming with CDPHE about extending the compliance order to allow for discharge in the lagoons for a small time to get all the limits worked out in the new system. Mike Emming is fine with the concept but it would have to be passed through Permitting within the State. Ms. Andre believes this request would need to get in sooner rather than later because Permitting takes such a long time. Dr. Krall stated he is apprehensive with this process as it opens the doors to Permitting changing our limits. Aslan Construction has stated that their completion date is December 15th however the Discharge Permit may not come through until December 31st. Ms. Andre will continue discussions with Mike about what all the options are and what the possible responses with Permitting will be.

                                          Aslan has asked that the preconstruction meeting be delayed until next week. Ms. Lightfoot has stated she would like to attend. In advance of this meeting, Aslan will provide to CDC a project timeline.

A quote for the procurement of the wastewater plant equipment has been delayed again and will hopefully be to CDC by the end of next week. The design review has yet to be completed by Mike Emming but he has stated he will get that to Ms. Andre this week. A special meeting will be necessary to approve the equipment purchase order. The Board would like to have a special meeting on Monday the 15th at 5 pm.

Building Department Head, Todd Carr stated that the building permit fees may not be calculating correctly on the small building that is to be permitted and built at the new WWTF site. Ms. Andre stated that Timbers should only have to pay for the building itself, not the pipes and tanks. Ms. Andre will speak with Todd about how to calculate the permit fees.

CDC Engineering Proposal – Ms. Andre stated the contract is not complete yet but will be by the special meeting on Monday. Dr. Krall would like to approve it by Monday night.

Zirkel Wireless Contract – Ms. Lightfoot stated that nothing new has occurred with this subject. She stated that Mike Woolverton would like to get involved with this issue as well.

EDU Analysis – The Board believes there are two options with this topic, reevaluate how EDU’s are assigned or get to work on a water meter project. Dr. Krall discussed grants and loans as an option for this project or do a special assessment next year to pay for the entire project. The Board will table this for now.

New Business:               Brodal Main Line Damage – Ms. Andre updated the board on what happened to this mainline and what would be the best options for repair. She stated that the pipe that is broken could be replaced and thick blue board could lay over it to protect it from frost. Duckels suggested that they replace a full stick of pipe as opposed to fixing two small sections to give this section more stability. Dr. Krall stated he would prefer the appropriate repair done to the main line as Duckels has suggested and forward the invoice on to the homeowner. The Board agreed with this method. Ms. Andre will coordinate with Duckels on this repair. Ms. O’Halloran will forward the Duckels invoice on to the Brodal’s.


Coordinate election response – The Board stated they would like to pass this year on participation with the County election.


With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 7:16 pm, this 8th day of July 2019.

Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District