Members Present:        The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Ron Krall, President
  • Gary Osteen, Vice President – Absent due to work
  • Brock Knez
  • Ash Lesniak
  • Dusty Atkinson


  • Ellen Dalton


  • Melinda Sherman, Esq. of Sharp, Steinke, Sherman & Engle LLC

District Manager:

  • Jodi Lightfoot

Call to Order:                     The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Ron Krall on October 10, 2016 at 5:47pm, noting a quorum was present.

Minutes:                                The Board reviewed the Regular Meeting minutes of the September, 2016 meeting. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.

 Financials:                           The September 2016 Financial Statements were reviewed. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimous, it was

RESOLVED to approve the financials.

Invoices:                                Invoices for September 2016 were reviewed. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.

Old Business:                   

Water Tank Project:   Jodi gave an update on the tank project.  The gravel temporary tank pad will need to be removed prior to snow removal. The board requested Jodi ask Joe from D&D if he can use the gravel on the road to the wastewater treatment plant or the dam or spread up by the water tank. Jodi said Joe offered to haul the excess gravel off for free as he is working on a project close by that could use the gravel. Jodi will talk to Joe to decide the best solution for the gravel.

Tank pad design:          Mary sent a revised temporary tank pad design requiring less concrete. Jodi forwarded the design to Native and D&D for quotes.

Wastewater Treatment Plant:

Survey-contact Bear to complete survey:

Jodi said that Bear was planning on visiting the location for the final additions to the survey.  He will have the final drawing delivered by the end of the week.

PNA:                                          Mary Andre from CDC was ill and unable to attend the meeting.

Energy/Mineral Impact Grant:

Jodi talked to the State regarding the Energy/Mineral impact grant. They told her that they didn’t think Timbers qualified for this grant.

Small Community Grant: Ron asked Jodi to call to see if this is going to be available.

Public Meeting to Present the PNA:

The board decided to conduct a public meeting during the December board meeting. It was decided to move the meeting to the Eagles Nest at the Condos to make it easier for Homeowners to attend. The meeting date will be December 12th.  The Public meeting will be held first, then the attendees will be invited to stay and attend the board meeting. Jodi will post the meeting notice on website and a legal notice in the newspaper.

Division of land for public purposes:

Melinda Sherman joined the meeting to discuss land acquisition for the wastewater treatment plant. Ron asked to request himself from the conversation to avoid conflict of interest.

Approximately one acre if land will be required to move the wastewater treatment plant to the upper site.  The TWSD Board discussed options to portion off a section of the land and the associated complications including taxes, value, and transfer property. Melinda said the association would be required to compensate the owners for the land value and the next step would be to get an appraisal of the land required. Melinda suggested hiring Bob Maddox of Valuation Consultants to do the appraisal.

Jodi will insure the survey is completed and schedule an appraisal with Valuation Consultants.

Income survey:               Jodi said Dusty was able to acquire two more surveys from the Condos and has given her a list of vacant condo units. Jodi will contact the State to inform them of the change of units available for the survey and ask to reduce the number of respondents required.

Discharge Permit:         Jodi has asked for an update from the State, but has not received a response.

Budget:                                  Ron distributed a draft of the 2017 budget.  It was decided to increase the Engineering fees to match the actuals of 2016 in anticipation of the wastewater treatment plant design work required.  Ron asked Jodi to update the actuals for the water tank project.

New Business:

Contract for snow removal:   

Ron presented the winter 2016/2017snow removal contract from D&D. The contract requires snow removal for snowfall of 4” and over. The contract for the condos requires snow removal for snowfall of 2” and over. Ron asked Dusty if the condos could change their contract to 4” to be consistent.  Ron suggested having a meeting including the other association presidents. Dusty offered to set up a meeting.  Ron asked Jodi to contact D&D and let them know that the contract is approved.

Property tax:                     Ellen informed the Board that Cesar has changed status of one lot from vacant to residential and was asking for a revision to his availability of service fees for the lot. Ron said he would sign a letter to Cesar explaining the districts billing philosophy.

Road maintenance to the Wastewater Treatment Plant:

Jodi mentioned the poor road conditions at the wastewater treatment plant. Ron asked Jodi to get a quote to repair the road and potentially add a berm to the pond where it overtops each spring.

Homeowner’s Meeting:             

Ash asked Jodi to provide a year overview for the homeowner’s meeting.  Ron suggested Ash use the homeowner’s update letter with a few revisions.

With business concluded and upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the Regular Meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District and Board of Directors at 7:45pm, this 10th day of October 2016.

Respectfully submitted,

Jodi Lightfoot

District Manager

Timbers Water and Sanitation District