Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Ron Krall, President
  • Gary Osteen, Vice President
  • Brock Knez
  • Ash Lesniak
  • Dusty Atkinson


  • Ellen Dalton

Assistant District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager:

  • Jodi Lightfoot


  • Mary Andre, CDC Engineering (present for Water Tank, PNA, Small Community Grant, Public Meeting, Appraisal and Income Survey items)

Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Ron Krall on November 14, 2016 at 5:45pm, noting a quorum was present.

Minutes:                            The Board reviewed the Regular Meeting minutes of the October, 2016 meeting. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.


Financials:                       The October 2016 Financial Statements were reviewed. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimous, it was

RESOLVED to approve the financials.

Invoices:                           Invoices for October 2016 were reviewed.  Jodi will review the hours billed from CDC with Mary and follow up on the confusing Mission invoices. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.

Old Business

Water Tank Project:

Jodi asked if we should approve the payment to the Pittsburg Tank supplier for $42,000. After discussing the reasoning behind invoice received from Pittsburg Tank, it was decided that Jodi would request a signed letter listing the costing on each part being stored and the percentage of the contract being charged. She will also submit a change order.


PNA:                                     Mary presented a draft copy of the PNA submission. She suggests choosing the option for the single building at the upper lot. It is the most space efficient and works well for small flow. The technology can be managed by our current sanitation operator. Option 5 eliminates >3000 feet of the collection system, and abandons the existing lagoons and spray irrigation system. After looking at the price break down of all the options, it was concluded that Option 5 would be the best choice but Ron would like to wait to submit the PNA until Section 8.9 is answered and the Cash Flow Projection is cleared up. Ron will work with Mary on completing both items.

Small Community Grant:

Mary submitted to the board a list of possible grants we could qualify for in the next year. She said DOLA Tier 1 grant would be the best option but the deadlines are Dec 1 and April 1.

Public Meeting:            The public meeting will be held on December 15 at 5:30 pm at Eagles Nest. Ron will do the presentation with the help of Mary.


Appraisal:                        Jodi to meet on appraisal on Tuesday, November 15.

Income survey:             Jodi distributed a report stating how many income surveys were complete or outstanding – 25 have been submitted, 8 are vacant, 5 have not been submitted and 19 are part time/don’t count. Jodi believes this will be completed by end of the month.

Snow removal Contract Meeting:   

Dusty has signed the contract and will return it to Ellen.


Road maintenance to the Wastewater Treatment Plant:

Jodi spoke with Joe and he will haul away the gravel. Joe will give Jodi an estimate for the new pad and road on Wednesday. Jodi is also waiting on Native Excavating for a quote.


Budget:                              Ron distributed a draft of the 2017 budget. It was decided to increase the engineering fees to $75,000. However, that might change depending on how much 2016 budget carryover we end up with. Ron is going to investigate the exact EDC amounts and update the budget accordingly. Upon deciding if the $42,000 invoice from Pittsburgh Tank should be paid, we then can decide how much to increase the fees for the additional engineering fees.  The normally scheduled December 12 Board meeting will be noticed as a meeting at which fees may be changed.


New Business:               Introduced the new Assistant District Manager, Kasey O’Halloran.

With business concluded and upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the Regular Meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District and Board of Directors at 8:15pm, this 14th day of November 2016.

Respectfully submitted,

Kasey O’Halloran

Assistant District Manager

Timbers Water and Sanitation District