Members Present: The following Directors were present and acting:
- Ron Krall, President
- Gary Osteen, Vice President
- Brock Knez (absent)
- Ash Lesniak
- Dusty Atkinson (absent)
Assistant District Manager:
- Kasey O’Halloran
- Jodi Lightfoot (absent)
- Mary Andre, CDC Engineering
- Melinda Sherman, Sharp, Steinke, Sherman & Engle
Call to Order: The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Ron Krall on November 13, 2017 at 6:09 pm, noting a quorum was present.
Minutes: The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes of the October, 2017 meeting. Upon motion duly made by Ash and seconded by Gary and unanimously, it was
RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.
Financials: The October2017 financial statements were reviewed recognizing the year to date budget was not correct on the statements. Upon motion duly made by Ron and seconded by Gary and unanimously, it was
RESOLVED to approve the financials.
Invoices: Invoices for October 2017 were reviewed. CDC invoices will require Jodi’s review and shall not be paid until we receive grant reimbursement monies. Upon motion duly made by Ron and seconded by Ash and unanimously, it was
RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.
Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:
Approved to transfer $6000
Water Tank Project: CDC is still working on the completion of the as-builts. Once these are complete Mary will send them to the Board and close the project out with CDPHE. CDC needs to finalize a report about filtering palmer to the State before the inspection that will happen next year at some point. The temporary tank has been dismantled and is on a pallet now. The company who dismantled it did not deliver to Catamount. Jodi will have to go about getting the tank delivered. Jodi has not finalized an agreement with Catamount yet because she is wondering if the Board wants her to negotiate or just accept their offer. Ron moved that the tank be sold to Catamount for $13000-$17000 and leave it to Jodi to negotiate the details. Gary seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
Wastewater Treatment Plant:
Site Plan Submittal: Mary stated that Melinda needs to get approval of property lines but Mary can’t provide a final site plan until February 2018. Mary stated that Routt County Planning needs to sign off before Routt County approves it. Ideally Mary can state ‘approximately’ for the property lines and still get approval. Ron has asked that the applications get expedited. Mary is to send the site plan that is to be approved to Melinda and Melinda can start the application process for the County and the Division of Land for Public Purpose.
Sewer Update: Manholes 22.1 and 22.2 have not been found, they are too small to locate. The Board will not pursue location of them at this time. Manhole 26 appears to be too deep to locate at this time and the location of it will be included in the collection system project. Attached are more details from Mike at CDC on the status of the Sewer lines.
Land Acquisition: There are two parcels of land that the District intends to acquire – one from Galvin and one from Kralls. Melinda has questions on the shifting of boundaries between surveyors; Mary was not fully able to explain the shifting in the boundaries. Before the corners can be marked, Willy will try to verify the various discrepancies with Skitch. Willy believes the legal description is good but he cannot pin the locations due to the variances. The negotiations can continue moving forward with the legal descriptions and Willy will keep working on the pin points. Galvin would rather do an easement and not lose any of his property. He believes it is the simplest way to go. He has concerns of messing up his 35 acre lot. He would like the easement he is giving the Board to cover his past and his future fees until his lot is sold. Moving forward, Melinda will write up and send an easement and letter to Galvin stating the District is willing to forgive his past due fees in the amount that was stated in the Letter of Intent. In regards to the Krall property, Melinda needs to send a letter to the Kralls stating the Board’s intent to acquire the property and draw up a purchase contract. The Board needs to meet with Melinda to decide on a price for the offer. (ACTION)
Engineering Contract: Ron circulated the general agreement that CDC had provided the Board with the Board’s recommended changes and CDC’s responses. The Board sat down earlier this evening and negotiated all of the terms on the contract, reaching an agreement on nearly all of the points. The point the Board wanted to discuss with Mary is that CDC is not responsible for consequential, incidental, indirect damages in anyway connected with their work or project. The Board does not want to agree to that however CH2MHill will not do work unless this CDC language is agreed upon by Timbers. Melinda will continue work on this. (ACTION)
Biological Assessment: The results have come back but Mary hasn’t had time to review them yet. She will review and send out to the Board as soon as she can. Tammy’s preliminary thoughts are that it will meet the Boards needs. CH2MHill is working on a process design report and will present it at a project update meeting on Thursday this week.
Project Schedule: December 1st is the DOLA grant application deadline. Mary will check to see if the Board will have enough details to apply in December otherwise they will have to wait until April 1. If there is enough, Mary will pursue it.
Past due fees: Kasey to resend statements to all past due accounts noting they will be charged a 1.5% interest fee going forward if monies are not received by 12/31/17. Jodi is to follow up with Mike Woolverton regarding his confusion with his 2nd quarter fees.
With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was
RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 7:57 pm, this 13th day of November 2017.
Assistant District Manager
Timbers Water and Sanitation District