Members Present: The following Directors were present and acting:
- Ron Krall, President
- Gary Osteen
- Brock Knez
- Jodi Lightfoot
- Dusty Atkinson
- Kasey O’Halloran
- Mary Andre, CDC Engineering
Call to Order: The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Ron Krall on July 9, 2018 at 5:47 pm, noting a quorum was present.
Minutes: The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes from June 18 and the special meeting minutes from June 27. Upon motion duly made by Brock and seconded by Jodi, it was
RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.
Financials: The Board reviewed the financial statements for June 2018. Upon motion duly made by Jodi and seconded by Gary, it was
RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.
Invoices: Invoices for June 2018 were reviewed. Jodi questioned the amount of money it costs for engineering to send/compose emails. One of the invoices to be approved is the reimbursement of fees to the Krall family for the legal work done on the easement. Ron is abstaining from voting as he feels it is a conflict of interest. Upon motion duly made by Jodi and seconded by Dusty and unanimously, it was
RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.
Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:
Kasey requested an $8,000 transfer to cover open invoices. Ron motioned to approve the transfer and Dusty seconded it, the board unanimously approved.
District Manager Update:
Kasey read Tim’s email update – he stated that last month he had a lot of issues with the raw water pumps getting plugged. Ron is wondering if water restrictions might be necessary as the dry weather has been hard on outdoor gardening. Tim doesn’t think that is necessary yet but does think it should be discussed. Ron suggests that Tim reassess the water shortage every week until our August meeting. Tim will report back to us and the Board can decide when/how to implement restrictions.
Old Business: PNA Response Review – Mary reviewed the response CDC worked up. She stated we do have to have another Public Meeting. The Board would like to have that public peeting during their September monthly Board meeting. Mary said the letter is ready to go should the Board approve the Public Meeting Response from December. The Board approved the response.
Sewer Project Update – Mary said the plans are available July 10th. It was advertised in the paper on Sunday, July 8th. The bids are due on July 24th. The Pre-Bid meeting is on Monday, July 16th, it is a mandatory meeting for the contractors. Mary believes it would be best if John Fitzgerald were present a thet Pre-Construction meeting. Mary will get the bid ad and email it to Native and Duckels tomorrow. There is the potential for the need of three contractors under one general contractor. Mary questioned the Board if they would be interested in adding a Bid Alternate to the bid package. The bid alternate would ask for a bid with an end date of late fall 2019 to see if that would help keep the cost lower.
Pond Site option – Mary stated they will start on the Pond Site analysis. Ron stated that it will be more costly for this change over – Ron believes this will mean that the voters will need to approve this increase in debt. Kasey is to find out if we can still get in on the November ballot with the County. Kasey will get deadlines immediately. Ron then believes we need to decide if we are to write ballot language to replace the current debt or just get additional debt. The Board will need to think about how much more authority to ask for. Melinda will need to be counselled with what Colorado Statutes are as well as how to phrase the language.
CDC Engagement Contract – Mary will get back to the Board with the engagement contract as soon as she can. Vacations in the office have put CDC further behind then they planned.
Review Project Timeline – Mary stated that they need to move through the new submittals with the new Pond Site information. She doesn’t believe it will be too lengthy as it is just an update. She is still waiting on comments back on the Environmental Assessment. Process design report is the same as before. She is proceeding towards the goal of a DOLA request on December 1st and and SRF request in the January cycle. She would like it accelerated but it would depend on the review of the pending items. Final plans and specs should be completed by 12/1/18. It is all feasible but CDPHE’s responses to the submittals is what hinges it all. Mary is to lay out the timeline and see what the critical path is. Ron believes that if we state to CDPHE we will be going for a DOLA grant in December and SRF in January and keep signaling that to CDPHE so their responses will be required in a timely manner.
Fire Hydrant Project – Mary stated that Native will start construction on the Fire Hydrant replacement on July 23rd. She thinks that a pre-construction meeting will be necessary. Mary would like to talk through the project with John and Charlie at Native. Mary would like to let Mike know when the meeting is so he can be part of it if he would like. Kasey will call John tomorrow to update him on the situation and find out if the timing will suffice for Mike. Previously the fire hydrant work put out a notice to all the people affected that they will be out of water on the various days. Tim should be aware of this as well. John is to hand out notices to homeowners. Prior to this going on Tim should have the tank full. Mary suggests putting in the new valve first so that the outage won’t affect the majority of the homeowners.
Survey – Willy Whelan is going forward with finishing up the overall survey.
New Business: Zirkel Wireless Contract Negotiations – Alan Belvo from Zirkel Wireless, who approached us last year, to put a new electrical facility next to the water tank. He has come back this year to amend the contract we proposed last year. Ron has sent it to Melinda, Mary and Jodi. Melinda is going to negotiate that contract in the next couple weeks. Ron does not think there is any problem in what they are asking for (construction of a frame on the water tank) but we need to assure it will not affect anything necessary for operations. Ron also does not want their electrical box close enough to the ladder so people cannot get from the box to the ladder and onto the tank. Mary asked if their plan was to take their equipment out of the valve vault and put it on their own concrete pad.
Plow Road and Remove Temp Tank Pad Gravel – Jodi explained that John has been asking for the road to the Waste Water Treatment plant to be graded so to keep the risk of fire down. Also, the temporary water tank pad still has rebar and gravel out on the road. It needs to be removed. Jodi stated that the gravel pad has some rebar pieces sticking up. Jodi thinks they are 3 feet deep. D&D had once talked about taking the gravel at the pad. Mary has suggested that it be reserved for the sewer project. Kasey will talk to Joe at D&D about moving the gravel to the big empty space where he puts the snow.
With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was
RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 6:48 pm, this 9th day of July 2018.
Timbers Water and Sanitation District