Members Present:       The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Ron Krall, President
  • Gary Osteen
  • Brock Knez
  • Jodi Lightfoot
  • Dusty Atkinson

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Mary Andre, CDC Engineering
  • Tammy Young, CDC Engineering
  • Mike Lomas, Resident

Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Ron Krall on December 10, 2018 at 5:55 pm,noting a quorum was present.

Minutes:                           The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes from November. Upon motion duly made by Ron and seconded by Jodi, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.

Financials:                      The Board reviewed the financial statements for November 2018. Upon motion duly made by Ron and seconded by Jodi, it was

RESOLVED to approve the financial statements.

Invoices:                           Invoices for November 2018 were reviewed.  Upon motion duly made by Jodi and seconded by Gary and unanimously, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.

Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:           

                                             None needed.

District Manager Update:

                                              Kasey stated that the WWTF and Water Treatment Plant are working and running fine. John did a great job on the construction observation job and Mary stated he really got up to speed on the Davis Bacon Wage reporting. She felt he is doing great with taking over that task.

Old Business:                 2019 Budget – Ron passed around the 2019 Budget proposals for the District and the Enterprise. Ron stated that we would like to achieve in 2019 – keep fees and property taxes as close as possible to their current levels and not take on any new projects of any significant size until the WWTP is completed. The main focus in 2019 will be to get the WWTP completed and then approach any other projects as needed. The budget was presented in the same format as the financials are shown in. This should hopefully help keep it clearer for the Board.   Ron focused first on the expenses and explained each line item. He explained how Timbers would raise the income in the budget line items. Ron moved to adopt the proposed budget and resolutions to set mill levies and Gary seconded. Dusty asked if we can look in the future and see the fees decreasing ever. Ron stated once the actual renovations are complete, the budget will be much less then it currently is. With the reduction in budget, the fees can go down. Dusty asked for a worst case scenario budget spreadsheet to see what the District will sit at. Ron asked for any further questions, none arose and the motion passed unanimously.

Zirkel Wireless Contract – No changes have been made.

                                             Sewer Project Update – Phase I – Mary stated that the Davis Bacon Wages Payroll is all in place however they are still held up on the American Iron and Steel process. Timbers can’t sign off on this yet until this is cleared up with Duckels. Tim Maxwell with CDC will talk with Randi Johnson-Hufford about this and how to handle it. Tim will forward on the paperwork when he has some answers. Mary said the good news is that we are still right on budget with Duckels.

Funding – DOLA grant was submitted on time. Greg Winkler believes that it is unlikely that the $1mil will be granted however believes it is likely that the grant will be awarded in the $500k range. Mary and Tammy worked very hard with Kasey to get this completed on time. The remaining will be funded through an SRF loan. Mary would like to apply on the January 15th cycle. She believes we will be able to make that work per her discussion with CDPHE. She believes it would be most favorable for the January loan but the February 15th cycle could work as well.

                                             Phase II – Tammy discussed the site plan she presented at the meeting. She explained that some of the tanks will be rotated and shifted to help simplify piping. Tammy explained to Mike Lomas what the exact plan is with the two buried tanks and the tanks that will be above grade and the control building. Tammy and Mary questioned if we will have to request a variance for the setbacks from the pond. Tammy stated that if we can keep the amount lower then 1/10th of an acre affecting the wetlands currently existing, we will not have to mitigate the wetlands. Dusty questioned if vehicular access would be necessary near the tanks. Tammy stated there will be a need for a pumper tank to get towards the back of the area but there isn’t a need for someone to get back there more often than that. John will need to hose off the tanks quarterly but should be able to do that prior to and after the deep snow has occurred. Mike Lomas asked what the build out time on this project. Mary stated if we can get a start at the beginning of the contract season and be ready to go, we can conceivable get this project finished in the 2019 construction season. We would need to get the bidding in early March and make the award in April or early May.  Mike Lomas asked that some road work be done to prep the road for the major work in the summer. Mary stated we would handle that.

                                             Public Meeting – This will be similar to what we have done previously. The board will need to be prepared to talk through the project and an update since the last Public Meeting. We will review the PNA, PEL and EA and answer/document any questions. Jodi and Mike Lomas stated that we should send an email out to all the association’s managers notifying of this meeting. Ron stated he and Mary will do some prep work the week before the meeting.

                                             Dam – Mary and Tammy stated that the project has been put on hold per the Board’s direction. Mike Emmering from CDPHE is completely on board with putting the Dam project on hold until the WWTF project is complete. The Dam will be its own project and can be handled in the future when Timber’s is prepared for that, next year some time. Mike Lomas asked what the purpose is for the pond. Mary stated that it was originally unknown but it may be that it was created as an extra water source if needed.

Signs – Kasey asked the Board to give the final language they would like stated on the sign to be posted at the Water Tank. They requested, No Trespassing, Area Under Video Surveillance . Ron requested three signs be made.

New Business:               Dusty mentioned that at the Condo’s last board meeting they gave approval for CDC to investigate the back hill to see if suitable for fill for the pond. Ron asked if a project was going to occur and Dusty stated that there has been a lot of discussion about the project but no immediate plans are in place. Ron suggested Dusty investigate further if the project is feasible and if so, we can discuss further what the District would pay for that fill. Ron asked Dusty to give an updated email stating the question and need and he will propose it to Mary.

With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 7:49 pm, this 10th day of December 2018.

Respectfully submitted,

Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager

Timbers Water and Sanitation District