Members Present:        The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Jodi Lightfoot, President
  • Ronald Krall
  • Gary Osteen
  • Brock Knez
  • Mike Lomas

District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran


  • Tammy Lake, CDC
  • Rebecca Jardon, Jardon Engineering


Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Lightfoot on August 16, 2021 at 6:01 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Consent Agenda:           The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes, financial statements, cashflow sheet and the AR report from July 2021. Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Osteen, it was

RESOLVED to approve the consent agenda.


Invoices:                           Invoices for July 2021 were reviewed. Upon motion duly made by Ms. Lightfoot and seconded by Mr. Lomas, it was

                                                        RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

None needed.


District Manager Update:

Mrs. O’Halloran shared that Mr. Fitzgerald has been working on monitoring the polishing pond this past month.


Old Business:                Water Rights Discussion–– There are two water rights in question – one water right currently is under review with a December ruling date. The second has given the Board 5 years to complete a few items on those rights.  Tim Gibbons has been working with Ash Lesniak to get to the pipe that feeds into the Spring. Once that has been reached, it can be determined if this is water rights we should attempt to acquire.


Dam and Easement Discussion – Ms. Lightfoot has spoken with Ms. Sherman. Ms. Sherman would like a map created with updated boundaries with the easements included. Ms. Sherman would suggest once this is created, Timbers can then speak with Centurylink about protecting their own line while Timbers completes this work.


WWTF Project completion – No updates were available on the punch list timeline.


Reclamation –Aslan plans on remobilizing on August 30th for the recharge basin work.  Doug Crowl envisions a 5-6 week work effort.  The change order has been drafted with the purpose of revising the substantial and final completion dates and leaves open adjustments to unit pricing and for remobilization.  (The contract currently allows for T&M work and Timbers will proceed as such.)  There may be a cost increase on some items, however, with less dewatering required, the overall budget should still be adequate.  The Board reviewed Change Order #8. Dr. Krall made the motion to approve the Change Order and Mr. Osteen seconded the motion. It passed unanimously.


Rebecca Jardon joined the meeting to update the Board on how the reclamation process is going. Rebecca has been coordinating with Twin Enviro and digging a few test holes to check the consistency of the sludge and underlying materials where the pond has dried out and she has access.  She also sampled the sludge as required to obtain radiochemistry data to show suitability for disposal with Twin Enviro.  Samples were submitted to ACZ yesterday and the turnaround time is currently 5-6 weeks.  Other labs are currently sending overflow to ACZ and a quicker turnaround time couldn’t be had at this point.  This is much longer than Rebecca has experienced previously (usually about 2 weeks) and Timbers may need to assume the risk of proceeding at some point if Aslan is ready to work and we don’t yet have the results.  Specifically, Aslan will be able to work the materials on site to dry them as well as stockpile materials for haul-off, but Twin won’t accept the materials until the results are back and satisfactory.  That being said, we have sampled this material previously and neither those samples – nor any taken from the lagoon last year – had any hits for radiochemistry parameters.  We don’t expect to have any issues with these samples either.  While this could affect Aslan initially in terms of workflow and space, we hope it will be of limited duration and of minimal impact.


Timbers is at the point where dewatering further to the creek is not feasible as we can’t send an algal slurry down the creek.  We are talking with Twin about other potential disposal options and with Aslan about other ways to disperse the remaining water and allow it to evaporate on site.  I’ll be talking with John Fitzgerald about how much water may still be in the pond based upon the measuring post he set recently.


Water Restrictions – The pond by the new WWTP has started to decline now that the creek is not flowing as heavy. The current usage is about 20,000 to 25,000 gallons a day. The usage has increased since last meeting.  Dr. Krall suggests another notice be sent out to the residents and ask them to only water every other day. Mrs. O’Halloran will send a message out to residents letting them know the situation. Mrs. O’Halloran will also work on getting a number for how many irrigations systems are used in the district.


With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was                                                         RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District                                                        Board of Directors at 7:12 pm, this 16th day of August 2021.


Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District