Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Jodi Lightfoot, Vice President (absent)
  • Larry Ioffredo
  • Gary Osteen
  • Erica Fisher
  • Mike Lomas, Chairman and President


  • Kasey O’Halloran


Call to Order:                The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Lomas on April 8, 2024, at 6:03 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Consent Agenda:         The Board reviewed the regular and special meeting minutes, financial statements, and the AR report from March 2024. Upon motion duly made by Mr. Ioffredo and seconded by Mrs. Fisher it was

RESOLVED to approve the consent agenda.


Invoices:                         Invoices for March 2024 were reviewed and approved for payment; Mrs. O’Halloran should not send the invoice to Stagecoach Electric until Mr. Lomas gives her the ok.  Upon motion duly made by Mrs. Fisher and seconded by Mr. Ioffredo, it was

                                                        RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

$5000 transfer granted.


Manager’s Updates:   Mr. Gibbons updated that he has been utilizing 100% of our water needs from the well. In total per year, 25% of water comes from the well and 75% comes from McKinnis creek. Tim is feeling very comfortable with our current supply.


John Fitzgerald’s update: March BOD removal was 78%. TIN results were 19 mg/l. We are still struggling with Ammonia removal.  I have made some adjustments that were recommended by Roger Shafer at SCG (recirculation ratios). CDC is also working on this issue. On Monday, April 1 I discovered that the pod heaters were in Auto mode, I switched them to hand mode. These may have been off all winter. They heat the air above the membranes and this is to increase growth of the Denitrifying bacteria for nitrogen removal. We will see if this has an effect. Our new Back-flow preventer is installed and Pye Barker Fire has certified it.  Generator repair is complete and it is operating normally. I have submitted our Reg 85 data.  I installed new heads on both our Chem pumps and they are operating normally. Cycled power on control panel as per Jessey at Orenco due to loss of alarm alerts. Received 4 barrels Micro C


New Business:              Zirkel WirelessMr. Lomas updated the Board that Zirkel Wireless pays $226 a month for rent but TWSD pays on average $180 a month for electricity for their antenna to operate. Zirkel would like to get more power and install a new electric box. Mr. Lomas will be pursuing a new contract if a new box is installed.         


Website Mrs. O’Halloran stated that the State of Colorado has passed a House Bill that requires all government entities to have a website that is ADA compliant. Mrs. O’Halloran shared a quote on a web developer that could handle this conversion. The Board discussed and Mrs. Fisher will help Mrs. O’Halloran obtain a second quote before the next meeting.


SWOT Analysis Mr. Lomas would like the Members of the District to complete a SWOT Analysis to make sure this District can reliable continue to support this Valley.


Old Business:               Lot 1 Easement – Ms. Lightfoot will have to go into Melinda Sherman’s office to get a response.


Contracts for Contractors – Mr. Lomas requested three changes be made to the contracts Mrs. O’Halloran prepared. With those changes, the contracts will be ready for distribution to the Contractors.


Reserve Investments – Mr. Ioffredo spoke to the Yampa Valley Bank President about a high yield account but it only yields about 4%. Mr. Ioffredo has researched more options and will continue to pursue this avenue.


Legal Team – Mr. Lomas will continue his search for a new attorney and will report back to the Board.


EDU review – Tabled until next meeting.


Dam – Mr. Lomas has been speaking to an additional attorney and Ron Krall, past TWSD president. He has been trying to get to the answer of who has ownership of the Dam. This attorney is reviewing the easement agreements and what rights Centurylink has in the Dam. It is presumed that Dwight Coridor, when he developed the valley, started this utility easement with Mountain Bell.


Fire Mitigation– Mr. Lomas and Mrs. Fisher are organizing a community wide wildfire protection conversation with Josh from Routt County Wildfire Mitigation Council.


With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors

at 7:14 pm, this 8th day of April 2024.


Respectfully submitted, Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager, Timbers Water and Sanitation District