Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Ron Krall, President
  • Gary Osteen, Vice President
  • Brock Knez
  • Ash Lesniak
  • Dusty Atkinson

Assistant District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager:

  • Jodi Lightfoot


  • Mary Andre, CDC Engineering
  • Mike Beurskens with CDC Engineering
  • Melinda Sherman, Sharp, Steinke, Sherman & Engle


Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Ron Krall on October 9, 2017 at 5:42 pm, noting a quorum was present.


Minutes:                            The Board reviewed the regular meeting minutes of the September, 2017 meeting. Upon motion duly made by Gary and seconded by Ash and unanimously, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.


Financials:                       The September 2017 financial statements were reviewed recognizing the year to date budget was not correct on the statements.  Upon motion duly made by Ron and seconded by Gary and unanimously, it was

RESOLVED to approve the financials.


Invoices:                           Invoices for September 2017 were reviewed. CDC invoices are approved pending reimbursement from a Grant.  Jodi would like an email timing question answered prior to payment to CDC.  It has been approved to pay Pittsburg Tank as soon as we have sufficient funds to pay, the remaining invoices on the list, including Jodi’s invoice and CDC’s invoice, can be paid after.  Upon motion duly made by Ron and seconded by Brock and unanimously, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.


Transfer of funds from TWSD to TWSWA Enterprise:

None needed.

Old Business:                

Water Tank Project:

The temporary tank is still standing and will be taken down soon.  Joel from Catamount is thinking of offering $15000 instead of $17000 to buy the temporary tank from the District. Mary needs to finish the As-Built for the Water Tank.  Ron has asked Jodi to look into whose ladder is laying on the ground at the Water Tank. (ACTION) Tim has told Jodi about a person who is interested in coming up to paint the fire hydrants if the Board is interested.


Wastewater Treatment Plant:

Site Application Submission: Mary has submitted the Site Application.  CDPHE will go through a checklist and get back to CDC with any questions they might have on the application.  The next step, once approved, will be to get a list of signatures from local organizations to assure the District is ready to proceed.


Surveys:  Willie has provided a new survey proposal of $11,000. He removed having an alternate sewer line along the road but added in additional locates. The plan is to go forward with sewer lining. Action Services is finishing up their work; between manholes 23 and 24 they determined there is a blockage. Action Services is not sure what is causing the blockage.  Ron is concerned there may be some expense to get that line open before the winter.  Also, they are struggling finding the manholes as they don’t seem to be mapped correctly. The utility locator has altered her proposal as well to provide service for locations along the sewer line. Ron was wondering if Willie’s survey includes information for those pieces of property the District would like to acquire and Mary said it is not included.  Mary said she will talk with Willie about that.  The Board has approved the proposal from Whelan Surveys so they can get it completed before winter sets in.  The Board also approved the Utility Locate proposal so that the contractor can complete it on Wednesday.


Land Acquisition: Letter of Intent has been given to both the Kralls and to Galvin. Gary has contacted Galvin but he has had no communication with him since the initial contact. Kralls have discovered a few complications that are resolvable but may take time before they can move forward. The Timbers Preserve HOA will need to approve the land movement. Melinda and the Kralls and their attorney will meet to find the most expedient solution.  Ron’s hope is that they will be able to do a land swap which will be easy and smooth if Galvin is in agreement.  However, Galvin is completely out of touch.


Engineering Contract:  Mary is wondering if Melinda needed any further information or if anyone had any further issues or questions on it.  One paragraph was added and sent on to all the board members. Melinda has some change requests. Ron will talk to Melinda tomorrow to get specific proposals for what should be updated.  The contract will be signed; it will just need to be edited for some legal changes.


Project Schedule: Mary would like for the Board to get signatures for the site application and get environmental design conclusions. Mary has started to look into funding information as well. She is hoping that because of the disadvantaged community status the Board will be able to apply for funding sooner than April. The schedule is very tight and everyone will just have to hope for no issues.


Zirkel Wireless Contract:

Alan has decided to pass on this project this year and will start conversation up again next year.


Past due fees:                 The Board would like to review the individual amounts past due at the November meeting.  The District would like to be sure to collect on all past due fees within this fiscal year.


2018 Budget:                 Ron passed around the proposed 2018 budget.  He explained how the budget has changed from 2017 to 2018 in regards to expenses and what he expects to come in for income. Going forward, Jodi and Kasey need to review, Ron would like to present this package but with the actuals from 2017 and the implications from the property tax and service fees.


Fire Hydrants and Water Meters:

                                                There will be no work on these projects in 2017.


Board Succession:      Ash will not be running for reelection. It is encouraged to reach out to any members who could be interested.  The Board likes the idea of new minds processing through the Water Board.


New Business                Tim brought to Jodi’s attention an online monitoring system for the Water Tank plant.  Ron has asked Jodi to research how much we have spent thus far this year to see if we can afford to do it right now.  (ACTION) Tim also asked if someone can bring a chainsaw to clear some fallen trees. Ash will take care of this. (ACTION) John has brought to Jodi’s attention that the lower lagoon is low. D&D have been asked to scrap the Wastewater Treatment plant road but Jodi has had no response. A slot on the agenda to be added ‘District Manager Report’. (ACTION)


With business concluded and upon motion duly and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the regular meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors at 8:35 pm, this 9th day of October 2017.


Respectfully submitted,

Kasey O’Halloran

Assistant District Manager

Timbers Water and Sanitation District