Members Present:      The following Directors were present and acting:

  • Ron Krall, President
  • Gary Osteen, Vice President
  • Brock Knez
  • Ash Lesniak
  • Dusty Atkinson


  • Ellen Dalton

Assistant District Manager:

  • Kasey O’Halloran

District Manager:

  • Jodi Lightfoot

Call to Order:                 The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Timbers Water & Sanitation District was called to order by President Ron Krall on December 12, 2016 at 5:45pm, noting a quorum was present.

Minutes:                            The Board reviewed the Regular Meeting minutes of the November, 2016 meeting. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to approve the meeting minutes.

Financials:                       The November 2016 Financial Statements were reviewed. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimous, it was

RESOLVED to approve the financials.

Invoices:                           Invoices for November 2016 were reviewed.  The Pittsburg Tank Invoice was not approved as we want to wait for the Grant money to come in before paying this one. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to approve payment of the open invoices.

Old Business

Water Tank Project:

Jodi has contacted Hugh (from Pittsburg Tank) and he is not flexible on the invoice payment.  Pittsburg Tank did sign the Change Order and now expects the payment of $40,227. We will submit the payment of that invoice to the state and request $32,000 and pay the remaining amount from our reserves.

CDC Invoices:                 We are able to claim part of the CDC invoices for our match on the grant that we received. Jodi has agreed to talk to Randi Johnson-Hufford, CDPHE, about what we can use on the match and how it should be shown. Jodi will review Invoice # 0131000 from CDC to determine if we should pay it in January. (ACTION)

Wastewater Treatment Plant:

The next steps for this project are to deal with the property lots. If we are to finish the plans by the end of 2017, submit for funding in 2018 and bid the project in 2018, we will need a timeline put together so we don’t fall off track. Mary has been asked to create a critical path project plan for us that will detail tasks to be completed each month. Mary will provide the timing plan at the January meeting (ACTION).

Current System Status Update: The lower pond is really low and the higher pond is not getting any higher. The pipe from the upper to lower pond has broken and been replaced.  Aerators are lodged in the ice but still operating for now. The question was asked if it possible to put in larger pipes (thus eliminating this issue) but there is no shut off valve and it would be a huge project that would cost us a lot of money to replace the pipe connecting the two ponds

Public Meeting:            Jodi, Mary and Ron will present at the meeting. Ron would like to keep a copy of everyone who receives a copy of the PNA. If anyone passes it along, we need a formal notification of that.

 Appraisal:                        Jodi had nothing new to report on the appraisal yet.  Ron has retained legal counsel and has recused himself from all further Board action with regards to his property. James Galvin needs to be approached about a potential easement to the plant. Melinda has suggested writing a letter to him. Jodi is to meet with Melinda to work on the letter. (ACTION).

Income survey:             Jodi had one survey left to get.  Barry instructed that there is no official date and that we are already grandfathered in for 2017.

Road maintenance to the Wastewater Treatment Plant:

Gravel has not been removed from the pad and road maintenance has not been done. The gravel will now have to be pushed back to allow for access to the road.  When D&D does spring time road work in that area, we were told we can also have our road work done which will save us some money.

Budget:                              Ron distributed Budget Option 4 and 4a. Budget Option 4 has water and sewer fees going up in 2017 due to the engineering fees. Budget Option 4a removes the capital reserve and shifts the tax money around so fees won’t increase so drastically. Ron believes option 4 gives us more security then 4a. Gary proposed a compromise of raising the fees to no more than $500, engineering fees to $65,000 and $10,000 in reserves. A motion was made to approve Budget Option 4a as long as $10,000 will be moved from engineering fees and put into the reserves.  It was suggested that a small letter get written to go out with the statements that explains the increase in fees this year.

New Business:               A letter of engagement from our auditor will go out to apply for an exemption from audit.

Judy, local homeowner, was wondering if the board could assist her with a dispute she is having with Zirkel wireless. Ash brought the topic to our attention and after discussion, it was decided that we have no ability to help. Ash is to handle the response to Judy.

Viewers were caught climbing the water tower; they left after the threat of police was brought up. This is a continuing problem. The tank may need to include signage and/or surveillance.

With business concluded and upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously approved, it was

RESOLVED to adjourn the Regular Meeting the Timbers Water & Sanitation District and Board of Directors at 7:45 pm, this 12th day of December 2016.

Respectfully submitted,

Kasey O’Halloran

Assistant District Manager

Timbers Water and Sanitation District